About EAGE (European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers)
EAGE is an international organization with members all over the world. The majority of our members work in the oil, gas and mining industry. Major activities are the organization of conferences, exhibitions and courses in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East and the publication of several scientific journals. The Head Office, located in the Netherlands, has over 60 employees. EAGE also has regional offices in Houten, Moscow, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur and Bogotá.
At our head office in Houten, we have a vacancy open for a
EVENT COORDINATOR (32-40 hours)
Tasks & Responsibilities:
The Event Coordinator is responsible for the organization and realization of EAGE events conferences, workshops, courses and exhibitions. This Event Coordinator role will work on various events and take responsibility for several associated activities.
• You will be responsible for organizing all aspects of (smaller) events from a logistical and operational standpoint.
• You will take a lead role in organizing larger adjacent activities as part of our larger events, including a variety of large-scale social events and a number of tours, meetings and networking activities.
• To work within an Agile team, with a strong focus on deliverable tasks and tight schedule management.
• You will be responsible for maintaining relations and contact with all concerned stakeholders; venues, suppliers, committees etc.
• You initiate and coordinate promotion and communication of the event in cooperation with the communication specialist within the team.
• You will ensure that all digital materials related to the event, including the website, are kept up-to-date with all the latest information.
• You are responsible for budgeting, cost control and budget management of your event, or specified activities.
What qualifications do you need:
• Minimum of HBO level, or international equivalent.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience with large scale international events., preferably within a similar organization.
• Experience with organizing social events of a variety of sizes.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience with working with a variety of different stakeholders, including but not limited to Committees, other departments and stakeholders.
• Excellent English, both written and spoken.
• Strong budget management skills
For this position we are looking for a proactive team player with strong organisational skills, who is accurate and has a hands-on mentality. We are also open to those who are returning or who want to change course. Nor is it necessary to speak Dutch.
• A competitive salary;
• 30 paid holiday days per year;
• Non-contributory pension;
• Personal training budget;
• Contribution to a sports club.
Send in your resume together with a motivation letter by date: email@example.com or reply by using the following link: